Recommended reading list on research-related issues
Highly recommended articles
Why to do research?
How to read a paper?
- S. Keshav, “How to read a paper,” SIGCOMM Comput. Commun. Rev., vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 83–84, 2007.
- J. Crowcroft and C. Kreibich, “Only 365 days left until the sigcomm deadline,” SIGCOMM Comput. Commun. Rev., vol. 36, no. 5, pp. 57–62, 2006.
- A. J. Smith, “The task of the referee,” Computer, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 65–71, 1990.
- J. M. Campanario, “Have referees rejected some of the most-cited papers of all times?” Journal of the American Society for Information Sciences, vol. 47, no. 4, pp.
- Michael Hanson, "Efficient Reading of Papers in Science and Technology". Brochure, 1990.
How to write a proposal?
How to write a paper?
How to give a presentation?
How to evaluate the impact of a paper?
- H-index, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hirsch_number
- J. M. Campanario, “The competition for journal space among referees, editors and other authors and its influence on journal’s impact factors,” Journal
of the American Society for Information Sciences, vol. 47, no. 3, pp. 184–192, 1996.
- J. M. Campanario, “Consolation for the scientist: Sometimes it is hard to publish papers that are later highly cited,” Social Studies of Science, vol. 23,
no. 2, pp. 342–362, 1993.
- Douglas N. Arnold and Kristine K. Fowler, "Nefarious Numbers", the Notices of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 58, no. 3, March 2011.
- Guanrong (Ron) Chen, Editirial, IEEE Circuits and Systems Magazine, Q4, 2011.
- D. M. Chiu and T. Z. Fu, “”publish or perish” in the internet age: a study of publication statistics in computer networking research,” SIGCOMM
Comput. Commun. Rev., vol. 40, pp. 34–43, January 2010.
How to conduct experiments?
Classic papers on networking?
答：如果你能理解并能证明，那么就寄给数学杂志；如果 你能理解但无法证明，那么就寄给物理学杂志；如果你不能理解但能证明，那么就寄给 经济学杂志；如果你既不能理解也无法证明，那么就寄给心理学杂志. 如果你不知道能否理解以及证明的是什么,就寄给文学类杂志.
This page is under construction. Last updated: Oct. 31, 2012.